TEXT: “At midday, O King, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me.” Acts 26:13
Saul was a zealot, specialising in persecuting the disciples of Jesus Christ. In his zeal, he thought he was fighting for God. On one of his persecuting trips, on the Damascus Road, he had a unique, divine, supernatural encounter that made an indelible impact on his life. He saw a light shining from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining all around him. He fell down and heard an audible voice “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me? It is hard for you to kick against the goods. So he replied and said “Who are You”? And the voice said “I am Jesus whom you’re persecuting”.
- Damascus means a sack full of blood. Saul was on this same road looking for the blood of the disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Who is looking for your blood to fill his sack with? Who is looking for your failure, downfall, unhappiness, looking for you to be paralysed, looking for your destruction, your downfall and death?
- Saul the blood seeker on his way to execute his agenda had an encounter with the shining light of God from heaven brighter than the sun! Bright enough to cause him immediate blindness.
- Your enemy, your destroyer, your blood seeker is about to have a divine encounter with the powerful light of God! Blindness is their portion. Their evil acts against your life will be stopped by God’s shining light!
- How can a blind man be an arresting officer? So shall it be your story child of Light, child of God! Your Saul is now a blind man!
Saul was temporarily not permanently blind because his intention was not bad. He thought he was fighting for God. There’s an announcement for your enemies. Their blindness or punishment against you will be temporal only if they genuinely fought against you at the blindside. But if their fighting against you is with an open eye, evil intentions then their blindness or punishment will be a lasting one! Rejoice Child of Light, Child of God because no weapon fashioned against you will prosper! You’re a conqueror!
We continue our series next time…..till then… go to church and if you have no church I recommend Foursquare Church to you.